Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Update: 2010

Well since I directed everyone here on our Christmas postcards, I thought I better do a 2010 recap in case you were hoping for a little more of an update!
(I should also do a better job of posting in general...)

This year was a year of settling (after last year was a lot of change and transition for us)

  • I feel totally at home in California now (obviously, Eric is happy here) :-) We've started to put more things up on the walls in the house and feel more comfortable there.
  • I've gotten settled into my job better, and this spring started doing some recruitment travel.  So far I've only done recruiting to the midwest (IL and MI), but that's fine with me as I get to see family and friends! It's a fun change of pace to my normal routine. (I will travel 4-5 times a year)
  • I started gardening and am still figuring a lot of things out about the soil, California weather, and plants. I recently planted a winter garden, which I'll blog about soon. (So fun to grow things Dec-Feb!)
  • We've made some really good friends from the seminary--two couples from the south! We tease each other about our accents and vocabulary, have games nights, dinners and bonfires.
  • I still enjoy cooking, but have done less in the last few months with a really busy schedule.
  • We spent a week in Colorado this summer at a family reunion with the Klunders.
  • We're still involved in our church's youth group that meets weekly all year.  Eric's teaching 9th grade catechism as well.  Eric was also asked to speak at the winter retreat of the regional youth groups this coming February.
We hope this finds all of our loved ones well, and hope to stay in touch with you one way or the other throughout the year!

Blessings,
Eric & Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails