Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Xapa!

I have an infinitely higher respect for all seminary students since starting a Greek I class this term.Yep, biblical (Hellenic) Greek is on the docket for this spring.  I'm taking it for credit, primarily in order to keep up with the work. (I knew it would be too hard to learn it without having committed to doing the exercises..and it's really hard to do homework/take quizzes if I'm not taking it for credit.)

2 weeks in and I have memorized 30 vocab words, 4 noun paradigms and 2 verbs conjugations. (well, memorize is used loosely)

Did I mention that I'm not even using the English alphabet letters (The word alphabet, ironically enough is made of the first two greek letters: Alpha and Beta!)

Eric will continue to say "I told you so" and "It's not that hard, just wait until you get to xxx" while I slave at the kitchen table in the evenings, but I'm really enjoying it.

Eric preached from Galatians 1:1-5 on Sunday and I was able to follow along in his Greek NT and knew about 8 of the words he read.(exciting!)
ps. you can listen to his sermon here


Some Present Deponent Indicative verb conjugations :-)

In the meantime, you'll find me with flashcards in my pocket wherever I go! (including in the ride lines at Disneyland yesterday)

ps. the subject of this post is pronounced Chara (with a guttural k) and it means joy in Greek :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails