Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DIY Decor: Bedroom

This concludes last month's little house projects, but I have one more to share with you.

About the same time I picked up the fabric for this project and this project, I also purchased some Asian-looking fabric that correspond with the blues and grays theme in our bedroom, while adding an element of red. I wasn't sure how it was all going to end up, but I just bought for a rainy day.

A few weeks ago, I visited the local Goodwill and picked up some cheap frames (6 for around $10) and a can of black spray paint.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pictures...so I'll just list the steps and then show you the result!

I sanded down all the frames and spray painted them with three coats of paint over two days. While they were drying, I ironed the fabric and cut it around the cardboard backing.

Instead of tacking the fabric down (the cardboard was too thin) I just taped the back, placed it in the frame, then replaced the backing.

Here is how one turned out:

IMG_0175

and how they look in our bedroom! (they slight crookedness in this picture has been all adjusted...I promise it's not as bad as it looks!)

IMG_0179

IMG_0178

I love having something on our bedroom walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails