Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Married Christmas: Decor

Due to other monetary priorities, we didn't put up a tree this year.  Which was a little bit sad, but since we were gone the whole week of Christmas and surrounded by our parents' amply laden trees, I got over it.


I got my fix when we helped decorate Eric's parents' tree when Ryan got home from school.

IMG_0006


I'm looking forward to next year's decorations though, because we were gifted with lots of ornaments over the holidays!
IMG_0013
A few from Eric's mom...the leaning tower of Pisa memorializing out Italy honeymoon and a frame for one of our honeymoon photos!


a darling snowman ornament I bought from Kohls
IMG_0137


As we bought or recieved ornaments I set them out on our fireplace.


from grandma B.
IMG_0257

from 'grandma' G.
IMG_0259

german ornaments from friends
IMG_0263


the gift 'wrapping" of a gift card exchange
IMG_0264

I used several coupons and Kohl's cash to purchase a few decorations including this snowflake candle set and holder.
IMG_0122



I also purchased several sets of silver and red ball ornaments and displayed them on our mantle in an antique silver dish I purchased from the thrift store.
IMG_0123


IMG_0131

 and used a string of lights from our wedding to decorate the mantle

the stockings were bought on after-Christmas clearance last year.
Here's the display all together.
I think it ended up kind of tacky, but we'll be prepared for our first tree now!
IMG_0267

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails