Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the wonders of picnik

As I've been going through the hundreds of pictures from our honeymoon, and non-prfoessional pictures from the wedding and rehearsal, I wanted to pick a few to edit carefully and either put up on the blog or put into a blurb album.

As Microsoft photo manager is fairly primitive and I we can't afford to buy and learn photoshop....I finally found an alternative: Picnik

It has far more options and effects than your basic photo editor, and it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be (especially if you buy the pro version)

But even with picnik, you need to start with an eye for beauty.
And I, unfortunately just enjoy seeing how many effects I can use in each picture.

Just for your amusement, here are the pictures I've butchered so far:
#1
IMG_6943

IMG_6943

#2
IMG_6975

good bye dad's head and ugly yellow curtain, hello color saturation

IMG_6975


#3

IMG_6938

Editing can't mask the fact that I'm trying to cover my snorting,
and eric got a little sunburnt in mexico.

IMG_6938


I'm sorry for hurting your eyes, but I'm having fun playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails